Recently announced from MakingMusicFun.net is the annual MMF! Summer Stars Online Music Festival! The registration packet will be out soon but I wanted to give you a heads up so you can let your students know and start preparing. Since most students are already working on a recital piece, this is the perfect time to make even better use of it!
A couple years ago I was able to participate as an adjudicator and really enjoyed hearing the pieces that were entered. The great thing about this festival it is really for all students. Below are the details. Stay tuned for the application to register, but for now it’s prep time!
1) The festival is open to piano student ages 6-12, voice students ages 9-12, and woodwind, brass, strings and percussion students ages 10-12 at the time they record their video performance.
2) Students must have studied for one year prior to application.
3) Students must be currently studying with a private teacher.
Students can pick anything they want within the following categories: Sheet music arrangements from MMF, graded lesson books, classical music collections, folk music, Disney, Broadway, and movie music.
Entry Fee for All Divisions: $18 USD per student
1) Beginning Elementary Piano (Ages 6-8)
2) Intermediate Elementary Piano and Voice (Ages 9-10)
3) Advanced Elementary Piano, Woodwind, Brass, Strings, Percussion and Voice (Ages 10-12)
Want to see some video submissions from last years Music Festival? Just click here!
Be sure to ‘Like’ Music Educator Resources on Facebook and follow Music Educator Resources on TpT to stay up to date on giveaways, discounts, reviews and other music resources! And don’t forget to join the exclusive email newsletter for monthly freebies and more!