I am excited to announce that the version 1.1 update that everyone has been waiting for with the iPad app, Moosic Studio is officially live and kicking! Yes, teachers Moosic Studio now includes invoicing and more!
So let’s find out what everyone will see with the new update. I know billing was the most anticipated, so we will begin there. There are 3 main new features related to billing:
1. Invoicing- (hoorah!) This feature has been one that teachers have been chomping at the bit for. With this feature, teachers will be able to invoice for any period of time. Whether or not you invoice monthly by the semester and such, you can make it happen. If you need to make an adjustment (add a charge, give a discount, etc…) you can. In addition you can easily add flagged student expenses to your invoice so you are able to get reimbursed. When you mark an invoice as paid, Moosic Studio will automatically mark all the associated expenses as “PAID”. Do you have parents that still pay by check? You can now easily capture an image of the check for your records. How convenient is that? The nice thing about the invoicing feature is being able to view a list of invoices for whatever month you need to. You can group them by paid or outstanding so they are easily tracked. If you use Evernote, Dropbox or similar service, you would be able to send their invoices through those services as well as emailing or printing them out.
2. Per Student Expense tracking- Part of running a business is making sure expenses on all sides of the coin are tracked. In the Student Detail page, you can now track expenses for students. Just tap on the Student List and then the student, scroll to the bottom and start adding expenses. You can track them entirely independently from the studio expenses. If you collect a yearly “Materials Fee” to pay for materials or events (music, recitals…) you will be able to easily track these expenses with this feature. Maybe you don’t have a materials fee but rather just buy the materials and get reimbursed? You can then add a flag to the expense to be added to the families invoice so you can be sure you are reimbursed!
3. Studio Transactions– This can track both debits (for expenses) and credits (for additional income). This is an important feature especially come tax time. Moosic Studio now allows you to track and itemize studio expenses and additional income (church jobs, accompaniments, etc.) and keep a running balance for it all!
A few other updates you will find in Moosic Studio:
– New multi-currency icon
– Cents are no longer displayed
– Large amounts will be displayed properly
– “Billing” has been changed to “Financials”
– Students and parents are now displayed with a case insensitive sorting
– Student emails pre-populated with Student and Parent’s email when emailing a lesson
– Changed “Theory” to “Theory Lesson”
– Cost type (Flat Fee & Per Lesson) is now required if the lesson cost is anything other than $0.00
– If lesson frequency is weekly, days of week are now required
– Removed auto-adjustment of dates and times when creating a lesson
– Added lesson summary and confirmation when creating a lesson. This means that users will have the opportunity to review lesson details before they save them. So if you need to make any changes, you can do so until you get it right.
If you are a teacher that held off on buying Moosic Studio but now thinking, darn! I should have bought it, I could really use something like this in my studio! Well, I have the giveaway for you! Carlos is offering one lucky reader a free download of brand new off the press updated app to try! But DO NOT WAIT ONE SECOND to enter! Enter right now because you only have until 10:00pm TONIGHT mountain standard time before I pick a winner! Yes, that is right, one of you lucky teachers will be able to start using Moosic Studio within 24 hours for free if you win! But you can’t win unless you make a comment below on why you want to win Moosic Studio.
Be sure to like Moosic Studio on Facebook so you can stay up to date with this great app! And just a reminder, if you don’t have an iPad (YET!) but know you will be getting one in the near future, go ahead and enter because you can still download the app now. It will sit in your iTunes store until you sync your new iPad. So what are you waiting for, enter now! Be sure to like FPSResources on Facebook as well!
Moosic Studio is compatible with the iPad (iOS 5.0 or later) and is available to purchase for $69.99. (Totally worth it when you consider all that it includes and no monthly expenses!) Customer support for this app is superb! Carlos Fontiveros is always willing and able to help teachers navigate around Moosic Studio and always keeps the needs of teachers in mind. Thank you Carlos!
(You can see my original review of Moosic Studio – 6 months ago- before these updates here.)