I am excited to introduce you to Piano Teacher Academy. Elizabeth Gutierrez, whom you may know from her published compositions or clinicians with Faber started holding piano camps for teachers in 2009. In recent years she started putting these workshops and resources online so more teachers can take advantage thus Piano Teacher Academy was born. Recently I had the pleasure to be a guest on Elizabeth’s Best Ideas Webinar where she shares tips and tricks for teachers. She has some new ideas in store for next year so stay tuned.
I also had the chance to meet Elizabeth in person at NCKP this summer! So fun!
I wanted to share with you what Piano Teacher Academy offers and a HOLIDAY PROMOTION that’s is going on right now through Nov. 28th (Midnight Central)
The VIP bundle is something you should first take a look at because it is a LIMITED-TIME, LAST CHANCE offer at the bundled price of $247. It includes 2 courses: 2017 PCPT with Marvin Blickenstaff and Sorting Out the Piano Classics. (The original price for this bundle is $304.) After Nov. 28, this discount will not be offered again.
Also, it’s the last chance to enroll in the complete “2017 Piano Camp for Piano Teachers with Marvin Blickenstaff.” After Nov. 28, this group of 4 sessions will no longer be available for the bundled price of $147. They will be divided into separate courses at varied prices.
Inside this online camp course, you will learn about…
- Warm-Ups? Who, Me? Technical Routines for All Ages
- Performance Practice Made Easy: Rules of Thumb for the Student
- A Simple Step-by-Step Start to Major Scales, All Without A Book
- The End is in the Beginning: Coaching a Piece to Performance
Sorting Out the Piano Classics is a comprehensive course about teaching the classics in a logically-sequenced order is still available separately at $157. It’s a much better deal to grab it as part of the “VIP Bundle” above. It includes 3 group training calls (webinars) each year with Elizabeth, beginning this January. It’s your chance to receive answers to your pressing questions about teaching the classics!
Inside this online workshop you will receive:
- Five intensive sessions (7+ hours of video) outlining a logical teaching order of standard piano literature, Baroque to Contemporary, from the late elementary to early advanced levels.
- Demonstration of example repertoire.
- Useful teaching tips and techniques you can take right to the studio.
- Handouts to inform you what to teach at each level.
- PDF guides to help you match method books and repertoire collections to each level of study.
- LIVE GROUP COACHING CALLS (webinars) where I provide answers to your submitted questions about repertoire and post them in the course for your review.
I don’t know if you have ever seen Marvin Blickenstaff present, but every time I have seen him I learn so much! I remember the first time I saw him present. It was my very first MTNA conference 14 years ago and I was just in awe! The most recent time seeing him present in person was at the last NCKP where I watched him in masterclasses and still in awe. He is a legend in the world of piano pedagogy! To have access to recordings of him teaching is an absolute goldmine.
Want to check out some FREE PREVIEW videos at the courses themselves? Just click on one of the courses and you will have instant access to a free preview.
Elizabeth and Marvin have a great way of walking you through their best ideas on teaching students. There is nothing better than seeing hands-on examples of what they do and you can do too! Whether you teach early elementary students or advanced, you will find something for all levels you can apply to your teaching.
Budget-friendly monthly payment plans are available for all courses at Piano Teacher Academy. You receive LIFETIME ACCESS to all courses, across all devices – desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile phone. THIS HOLIDAY PROMOTION will end on Tuesday, Nov. 28, at midnight Central!
BE SURE TO ENROLL BEFORE NOV. 28 (Midnight Central)
*Affiliate links included in this post.